1) INTRODUCTION: These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) govern your use of the Victims of Crime Resource Center website, www.1800victims.org, www.1800victims.com, www.1800victims.net (the “Website”). By using this Website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not access or use the Website if you are unwilling or unable to be bound by the Terms.
2) INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: Unless otherwise stated, the Victims of Crime Resource Center (the “VCRC”) owns all the intellectual property rights in and materials on the Website. Subject to the license to use the Website below, all intellectual property rights are reserved.
3) OWNERSHIP: The VCRC owns all content on the Website, including but not limited to written text and databases, visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design, compilation, including, but not limited to, our compilation of website content, computer code, products, software, and all other elements and components of the Website. The VCRC also owns the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world ("IP Rights") associated with this content and the website, which are protected by copyright, trade dress, patent, trademark laws and all other applicable intellectual and proprietary rights and laws. As such, you may not modify, reproduce, distribute, or create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display or in any way exploit any of the content in whole or in part except as expressly authorized by the VCRC. Except as expressly and unambiguously provided herein, we do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in and to the Website and the content are retained by the VCRC.
4) LICENSE TO USE WEBSITE: Anyone may access the Website, download the information, and print pages from our website, subject to the following conditions:
a. User must NOT use or intend to use the information available on the Website for collecting or storing the Website Content for users own purposes
b. User must NOT republish any materials, including resources, from this website (including republication on another website), or reproduce or store material from this website in any public or private electronic retrieval system, without the express written consent of the VCRC;
c. User must NOT reproduce, copy, sell, resell, visit, or otherwise exploit the Website for commercial or organizational purposes, without the express written consent of the VCRC;
d. User must NOT edit or otherwise modify any materials on the Website without the express written consent of the VCRC;
e. User must NOT use the Website to copy, publish, or recreate a victim resource directory;
f. User must NOT reproduce or distribute any part, portion, or whole of the VCRC web pages available on the Website without the prior express written consent of the VCRC;
g. Absolutely no commercial use of VCRC’s intellectual property is permitted. User may not make any commercial use of such content, including using such content in or with any product or service that user may create, offer, or distribute; neither may the user copy such content onto user’s, or any other third party organizations’, web site
5) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The information provided on the Website is provided free of charge, and user cannot hold the VCRC, McGeorge School of Law, or the University of the Pacific liable in respect of the information provided on this website.
The VCRC strives to ensure that all information on our website is accurate and up to date, but we cannot guarantee or warrant its completeness or accuracy. Information contained on this Website is for informational purposes only, and does not constitute legal advice. If you need legal advice, please contact an attorney.
6) SEVERABILITY: If any term of this Agreement is to any extent invalid, illegal, or incapable of being enforced, such term shall be excluded to the extent of such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability; all other terms hereof shall remain in full force and effect, provided however that the fundamental terms and conditions of these
8) CHOICE OF VENUE: User hereby agrees:
a. That the Website shall be deemed solely based in California.
b. That the Website shall be deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over the VCRC, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than California.
d. To submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Sacramento County, California for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes.
9) CHAT ROOM: Please refer to our Chat Function Disclaimer for more information.
10) DISCLAIMER REGARDING ORANIZATIONS INCLUDED ON VCRC DATABASE: This website includes a vast statewide resource database (the “VCRC Resource Directory”). The VCRC does not endorse, have any responsibility for, or exercise control over these organizations’ or agencies’ views, services, and/or information. Further, the VCRC does not endorse any third party products or services as expressed or implied by any information, material or content referred to or included on, or linked from or to any VCRC web pages. As the publisher of this website, the VCRC has made no attempt whatsoever to verify the information contained herein or in any other web pages linked to or from the VCRC website. Accordingly, the VCRC is not liable to the user for any loss or damage that might arise from any of these organization’s actions or omissions.
11) ENTIRE AGREEMENT: These terms and conditions, together with our chat function disclaimer policy and privacy disclaimer, constitute the entire agreement between the user and the VCRC in relation to your use of our website.
12) CONTACT INFORMATION: For any additional questions or inquiries, please contact the Victims of Crime Resource Center at 1-800-842-8467.